Life Chats #1

03 January 2018


So I've officially challenged myself to blog everyday for the next 31 days courtesy of the Ultimate Blog Challenge and see if I'll survive or go mad hehe...
For the first post, I thought I'd share an honest letter to my 2017 self because why not!  We are always evolving beings.


"Can we heave a sigh of relief for 2017! What a year. For the first half of the year, things did not fall into place as expected. It was extremely hard to be positive. It seemed that everyone got their act together while I was always in practice. Things finally looked up, got to celebrate my son's first birthday and I was over the moon. Everytime I looked at the photos, it just reminded me of who/why I was working so hard for.
The second half was equally just as demanding. From working fulltime at a place I quite didn't like to eventually embracing it all, I realized I made some lifelong friendships. All in all, I loved the experience.
Then came the real test of motherhood. People say it gets easier raising a child but I don't see how. The little boy hit his terrible two stage a little earlier than anticipated (16months). There were days I tolerated it because  I wanted to spend time with him but other times I couldn't take it.
Honestly speaking, I'm not looking forward to the actual terrible twos. "
As we welcome in 2018, I'm daring myself to solve the challenge rather than ran away from it. If it scares me, the better because it's building me up to something grander.
With that, let's kick off the year with positivity and love all around.
Let's meet tomorrow for a new post.
Karen
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS